Wednesday, August 26

Happy 'New' Year!

It's August and that means...school starts!

I am back in grade 1 with 22 students (24 on the roster but some will come later in the year), 16 boys and 8 girls. That's a lot of 6 year old boys in a confined space, let me tell you!

In the first three days, I've determined that
1. Six years olds can project their voices better than many public speakers.

2. I don't know any Korean. (I knew this before but it's not obvious every day until you have Korean/non-English speakers in your classroom!)

3. Children make me laugh.

4. I need to be at least in the process of going to bed by 9:00 to be rested and ready for a new day!

5. Kid's prayers are much more heartfelt than many adult's prayers.

6. Non sequiturs make up the bulk of most conversations in grade 1.

:)


1 comment: