Friday, September 11

Shule la lugha


Over the summer I went to language school in Iringa to learn/relearn/improve Swahili. The school has partnered with Riverside Campsite: students live and eat at the campsite and the teachers come Monday-Friday mornings for classes. It’s a good system na sasa ninajua vitu vyote kuhusu kiswahili! (and now I know everything about Swahili) ;)

…if only I had to use it in Dar all the time, I’d be fluent in no time!

Me, Christie Harrison (I know!) and Kate at our ‘graduation’. Kate and I did a month of language school; Christie and her husband Brett did the full four months. Some kids of other language students made us laurel wreaths!

We climbed to the hop of a small mountain/large hill one afternoon. It was beautiful!


Fellow language schoolers: Christian and Jen (Denmark), Kate, Christie and myself. There were several ‘groups’ at Riverside: the Baptists, the Danes, the Geita people and ‘Kate and Carley’


Brett looking down at us from the highest point.



:)

2 comments:

  1. carley you look so pretty! I'm glad you're doing something great and having fun at the same time. Those views are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a fun time! pretty countryside...

    ReplyDelete