Wednesday, May 13

Masai Day!

Friday, April 24 was a great day!  We’ve been studying the Masai (or Maasai – I’ve seen it both ways) for the past few weeks and so that Friday we had “Masai Day!”.

We had a special Masai guest, Jeremiah. (Not exactly a Masai name but…)  The students wrote questions to ask – everything from “how do your huts stay up when it rains?” to “what’s your favorite color?” to “how do you kill a lion?” (They surround it and sing to it.)

He showed the kids how to jump and we had a jumping ‘contest’ outside.

We ate ugali (a stiff porridge, a starch) with beans and vegetables and drank milk. (Well the kids did. As you know, I’m not a fan of milk here.)

We then watched a short video about the Masai produced by TearFund and divided into groups to spend a few minutes praying for the Masai people.

It was such a fun day! Pictures will come when I have time to wait on the Internet…

:) 

1 comment: