Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
As I mentioned, I am in England visiting friends. What I didn't know was that by stopping here, the charge for excess baggage for the next leg of my journey would be per kilogram not per piece. Translation: total charges for my one extra bag: $1,200 instead of the $100 I was expecting. :) This has caused me to completely repack and reevaluate what I will and will not be taking with me to Dar.
My initial reaction was not 1 Thes 5:18 - and that's the lesson. My motto while repacking has been: "God is all I need!" Not these shoes, or that basket or those books. And I couldn't pack God in my suitcase even if I wanted to!
I am so thankful that I am with friends who are helpful and loving. So thankful that I called today and didn't find out tomorrow at the airport as I was checking in. So thankful that I am in England where they speak English and I could call around and find out for myself. So thankful for Debbie, who I'm staying with, who is giving me a lighter bag to use. So thankful that I am not going to Tanzania for the first time. So thankful that I can leave things here with friends to possibly take at a later date. So thankful that I will probably even save money by not having to pay excess baggage charges! So thankful that my joy is not based on my circumstances!!
And as my dad reminded me, this didn't surprise God. Which is very comforting to know.
bummer on the charges.... but worth the lesson... God is all we need...
ReplyDelete