I love the first day of school! Every classroom is neat and tidy with new displays, teachers are ready and awaiting their students, some anxiously, and the students all come in clean uniforms with new bookbags and supplies. It's a fresh start for everyone and it's so much fun!
Today was a little different from what I was used to. I'm not a primary classroom teacher so I didn't need to be with a class at the beginning of school. Instead, I wandered around greeting parents and former students. It's so nice to see so many familiar faces and receive so many hugs from 2nd and 3rd graders. I also designed and completed a bulletin board, organized the schedule for the computer lab, met with a few grade 6 students, and ran a few other errands. You'd be surprised at how tired I feel...
Though it's exciting to meet all the new teachers, I do miss my former 'coworkers' ... love and miss you all and karibuni to visit!
:)
PICTURES! PICTURES! WE WANT PICTURES!
ReplyDelete