Monday, November 3

the 80s

I'm 26.

I'm not old.

I've been telling myself this as we dressed up and decorated for the 80s because I've been getting questions and comments like "What are leg warmers? What is spandex? Who are the Smurfs? We don't know these songs. (Michael Jackson's Beat It and Queen's Another One Bites the Dust) Who's MC Hammer? What do I wear for the 80s?"

I am not old. Right?

Here's some pictures from the night. It was incredibly fun finding clothes in a land without thrift stores, dressing up and wearing tons of bright makeup.

I was in charge of decorating so I made posters, one for each year in the 80s. Did you know that CDs were first produced for commercial use in 1982 and outsold cassettes and records in 1988?


Enu, one of the girls in my small group doing 'the running man.'
She was good!


doing The Robot


a 'music video' for Another One Bites the Dust


They look the part, don't they!?!





Sorry the pictures are so small; I stole them from Gil.
Thanks,
Gil for the pictures! :)
To see more check out Gil and Amy's blog:
gilandamy.blogspot.com




:)

1 comment:

  1. Carley those are the most gigantic bangs I have ever seen... haha fun times!

    ReplyDelete