A Birthday song for Becca and Julie
to the tune of "Oh I'm as Happy as a Big Sunflower"
or any other song from the Little House series
(as sung by Mom)
Oh, I love you Becca and I love you Julie
because you are my sistahs,
I am so happy that you're twenty-two
and I'm happy that you have your mistahs!
Oh, I wish I could be there in good ole' Bushnell
to dance and sing Happy Birthday,
I guess I'll just settle for this cool blog post
please ask Mom to sing what I say!
Oh, now Becca won't be a 'Harrison' for long
but that fills me with glee,
Not because I don't want her as a sis no more
but cuz those McCorkles are fine with me!
Oh, now Julie is working at the library
and that's a mighty fine place to work,
especially for one of us Harrisons
with our noses always in a book!
(OK, give me some leeway with the rhyming here, people!)
Oh, I love you Julie and I love you Becca
and it's hard being miles away,
But I do thank God for you all the time,
and not just on your special day!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
to the tune of "Oh I'm as Happy as a Big Sunflower"
or any other song from the Little House series
(as sung by Mom)
Oh, I love you Becca and I love you Julie
because you are my sistahs,
I am so happy that you're twenty-two
and I'm happy that you have your mistahs!
Oh, I wish I could be there in good ole' Bushnell
to dance and sing Happy Birthday,
I guess I'll just settle for this cool blog post
please ask Mom to sing what I say!
Oh, now Becca won't be a 'Harrison' for long
but that fills me with glee,
Not because I don't want her as a sis no more
but cuz those McCorkles are fine with me!
Oh, now Julie is working at the library
and that's a mighty fine place to work,
especially for one of us Harrisons
with our noses always in a book!
(OK, give me some leeway with the rhyming here, people!)
Oh, I love you Julie and I love you Becca
and it's hard being miles away,
But I do thank God for you all the time,
and not just on your special day!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
inspired by the Birthday song presents of Helen
"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm as happy..." Now that song will be in my head all day :)
ReplyDeleteThank you!!!!!!!!!!!!
love,
Becca
I started singing it even before i read that line! :)
ReplyDeleteIt brought tears to my eyes. I doubt casual readers would cry. Has anyone else out there started tearing up?
Just curious.
Carley's mom
Julie just dropped in and i sang it again. This time i didn't start crying.
ReplyDeleteJulie's comment about the poem/song: "That took a lot of effort!"
We all like it a lot! :)
Oh beloved Carley... Have I told you lately that I just love you and am so grateful to God that he is working through you and in you in Tanzania?!?! What a delight to know you! Thanks for sharing the joy of the Lord through your life!
ReplyDelete