Tuesday, September 2

Addis in Dar

Saturday night we went out for Kate's Birthday. "We" is myself, my housemates Delicia and Juli, and 5 other girls who live in the same housing complex.

Juli and I


Juli and Delicia
Bryan, we did the pass the camera around the table thing. :)


We went to Addis in Dar, an Ethiopian restaurant here in Dar. It is always so much fun! Your food is served on a plate of njera. Njera (injera maybe?) is a spongy, flat, hole-y bread. You also get rolls of it that have a striking resemblance to Ace bandages... The meats and vegetables in their sauces are poured on the 'plate' and you eat with your hands. Fun and delicious!

I'd never actually seen all the colors!
You eat outside and it's always dark when we get our food. We had 2 types of lentels, pumpkin, prawns (shrimp), beef and lamb.



The njera is cut into strips and then rolled. Can you tell they're spongy?




This is after! We were so full we couldn't eat our entire plate.
It looks nicer in the dark...


:)

3 comments:

  1. Oh how I miss Addis in Dar!!! Love reading your blog Carley! Your creepy crawly one made me laugh!! Hope you get used to the bugs again! I remember them only too well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me laugh on the "pass the camera around"!

    The food looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 17 days with no update? are you still alive?

    ReplyDelete