Monday, February 8

Superbowl Monday

That's right. Since we're 8 hours ahead of EST, the Superbowl airs here at 2:30 am! And for the first time in several years, I got to see it!! Now some missionaries here are doing the smart thing and recording the game to watch it this evening. However, this calls for avoiding all news, friends, Facebook, blogs, etc. for the day...

I opted to watch it live with Roger, Paul, Kevin and Benji! Live being time-delayed by the network and by the satellite company who, if the game seems slow to them, occasionally skips parts of the game. Thankfully we had none of that. They even played the half-time show (no commercials, though!) although the sound was off the entire time - off by about 10 seconds!

But I got to watch football!! (On a comfortable couch with people who care about it. That's gotta be a part of Heaven...) And the Saints won! Yay! (Didn't care too much about that but I chose them so I stuck with my choice and it paid off.)

Thanks Roger and Laurie!

:)

1 comment: