Friday, March 20

Grade 1 Astronauts



Today Grade 1 finished our Moon topic with a bang - we 'went' to the Moon.

This week we made helmets and oxygen tanks and today the kids brought 'space clothes' a/k/a long sleeves, white clothes, etc.

(Unfortunately our first two tries at getting the straps to hold on their oxygen tanks - tape and scissors - didn't work. And I only thought of using a hole puncher at the end of the day! Man! Learning for next time, I suppose.)

But the kids had fun. I played a video of Apollo 11 taking off (took about an hour to download from the Internet) and then we were on the moon. They were astronauts who had to write a mission report: what they saw, brought, did, etc.

They had lots of fun! Here are a few pictures...

Katelyn, Vanessa



Katelyn demonstrating how she would walk on the moon
oxygen tank on her back (notice the flag? She's from Texas!)


Neale with his helmet


:)

2 comments:

  1. So cute! You're so creative Carley! Still one of the best teachers I've ever known. No joke! Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete