Kwaheri: Swahili for 'goodbye' (qua-HAIR-ee)
While moving to Tanzania to do what I know God is calling me to do is beyond exciting, there are some parts of if that are hard. Leaving California is one of them. I've visited family here many, many times before, but leaving was easy because it wasn't my home. But it is now. I have a life here, a church, friends, work...as well as family. And that's made it harder to say 'goodbye.'
January before last (2007) when I first made the decision to move to California after returning from Tanzania, I began praying for 3 things: a church with a heart for missions, a Godly mentor, and a small group whose members were in the same stage of life as myself. I was pretty specific in my prayers and kinda told God exactly what I wanted! The incredible thing is that He answered all of my requests - and then some! He used my cousin to lead me to Community Baptist Church where I met Sandy (!!!!) and got connected to a small group. Even the specifics I prayed about those things were answered.
I was listening to Beth Moore the other day and she said something about prayer that has stuck with me and is worth repeating. She said, "Our Father delights in exalting, ambitious praying!" In other words, pray big, God-honoring prayers and get ready for what will happen!
Want another example of amazingly answered prayer? :)
I mailed my first Wycliffe invitation to partnership letter in March. And in 4 months, God has provided above and beyond what I was expecting in both monthly and one-time support. I don't know if you're aware but many missionaries spend a year or more developing partnerships and raising the needed funds. 4 months is the most amazing confirmation that I am going where I'm supposed to be going!
The cool thing? He used the answered prayers from a year and a half ago (church, mentor, small group) to help the next stage of my life begin. The people I have met at and through CBC and who are partnering with me as I go to Tanzania are incredible!
I'm praying that you would all know the wonderful blessing you have been to me this year. :)
Amen and Amen - Funny thing, at the same time you were praying for a small group I was praying for God to grow and bless the tiny group we had going. As you know and were a part of; God blessed both of our requests...
ReplyDeleteIm sitting here in the lobby of the hotel in Honduras just ending my journey and yours is just about to begin Carley... Stay close to Him and he will tuck you under his wings...