This past month, I have begun the process of raising monthly and one-time financial support. At times this seems a daunting task: partners who will support monthly for the next four years...it seems like a lot to ask.
But then thinking on it, I've realized that everyone is supported by others in some form. The teacher depends on the State, which gets its funds from taxes. The minister is supported by the tithes and offerings of the church members. The businessman is supported by the payments of clients. As a missionary, I just have a more direct connection to those who support the ministry and the 'service' provided goes to someone who has not 'paid' for it, but who needs it.
I've also realized (or reminded myself) that this is all for God. People give to His work, not mine. I'm the messenger, the go-er. The ministry is His and the support is to support and advance His Kingdom. It really is a partnership. You with me, me with you and us with God.
So, please pray with me that (1) I will keep my focus on Him and my heart in the right place and (2) that He will move hearts to become partners.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment